Nothing says the holidays are here like when Starbucks releases their holiday menu! Our nearest starbucks is two hours away so we took it upon ourselves to recreate one of our favourite holiday menu items at home with this Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars recipe. Naturally we used only Peace River Liquid Honey to sweeten the base.
Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Peace River Liquid Honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
Prepare Base Layer
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and honey. Beat in eggs, orange extract, and vanilla.
- Add ground ginger, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the cranberries and white chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread the base layer into the prepared pan. Bake for 18 – 21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add vanilla and orange extract.
- In the microwave, melt chocolate chips with milk. Stirring often.
- Once the base layer has completely cooled, frost with the icing. Once frosted, sprinkle with chopped cranberries and drizzle with remaining melted chocolate.
- Cut bars into triangle shapes. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.